Hi everyone, I hope you had a wonderful week with lots of toys and goodies, good food and conversation and many hugs from your loved ones.
What a strange feeling it is to enter 2013. It’s always the same for me: on the one hand I cling to the old year, trying hard to tie up all the loose ends. On the other hand I’m humming with excetiment. A new year ahead. Every January the 1st is like a fresh start all over. I’ll try to welcome 2013 with a smile on my face, ah, what am I saying, a big grin.
- For the first time in my life I made New Year’s crackers for my friends. Well, not really crackers but more a sort of surprise bags. And I think you should make some, too :) That’s why I plan to post an “how to” tomorrow. Look forward to it.
- In Germany, Austria and the Nordic countries Molybdomancy is a traditional way of divination on New Year’s Eve. Traditionally molten lead (nowadays more often tin) is poured into cold water. The resulting figure is used to tell that person’s fortune. An easy and harmless alternative is wax.
- Together with the excitement about the new year comes the one about a new planner. My personal favorite is the Moleskine weekly notebook with one page per week for notes and to do lists. I plan to make my planner really colorful this year with lots of stickers and doodles.
- If you live in an area with snow it’s the perfect opportunity to enjoy an afternoon with your kids out in the snow with a snow ball fight. You could check the snow for animal footprints or build an igloo.
For a polar indoor adventure you could put pillows on the floor and transform them into ice floes. Jump from floe to floe; it’s forbidden to touch the “water”. And take a look at this milk jug igloo. Isn’t it amazing? :D
- Believe me, I hate to do data backups. Nonetheless they are important and nothing more infuriating than a broken hard drive without backup. Burn your pictures on DVDs, store them on an external hard drive or use an online storage solution. Do it, now! ;)
- January is the perfect time to declutter and organize your home. One thing I use to neglect is electronic clutter, for example old e-mails. Especially those with huge attachments waste hard drive space. Let’s get rid off the old junk.
- Did you make your resolutions or even a to do list? Now is the time to really put your plans into practice. If your resolution is for example to loose some weight or start a workout routine begin right away. It is said that not discipline but repetition is the key to kick bad habits.