In Germany we don’t have a tradition for Christmas or New year’s crackers. But the moment you sign up for an pinterest account the whole wide world of international customs and creativity opens up to you. I love all the pictures of colorful bonbon-style crackers. Because I came up with the idea to make some for my friends too late I had not enough paper rolls at home. I decided to make tiny suprise bags instead.
What you’ll need:
- small notes for quotes or tiny messages
- you could add a lucky penny to one of the bags
- decoration: stickers, masking tape
- scissors, pen, needle, thread (if you are lazy like me: a sewing machine)
- First of all you need to cut out twice as many paper circles as the number of bags you plan to make. Mine have a diameter of 4,5 inch or approximately 10,5 cm.
- Sew two circles together, leaving a gap.
- Fill the bag with the candy, confetti and if you want to tiny notes or quotes.
- Close the gap.
- Decorate the bags with stickers and masking tape.